Steal the Show with Red Carpet Makeup Trends
The red carpet is the ultimate runway to showcase the hottest beauty and fashion trends. A-list celebrities work with top stylists and makeup artists to craft memorable looks that will have all eyes on them. From bold lips to smoky eyes, red carpet makeup requires striking the perfect balance between glamour and wearability.
This article will explore some of the top red carpet makeup trends to try yourself for a star-studded look. Get ready to steal the spotlight!
Eyes are often the focus on the red carpet as celebrities aim for major impact. Play up your peepers with these eye-catching makeup trends.
Sultry Smoky Eyes
A smoldering smoky eye never goes out of style on the red carpet. The sultry look adds instant drama and intrigue. Follow these tips for perfecting the smoky eye:
- Use a matte dark eyeshadow, like charcoal gray, black, or brown. Sweep it across the eyelid and blend up towards the crease.
- Add definition by lining upper and lower lashlines with a soft kohl pencil. Smudge for a lived-in look.
- Finish with 2-3 coats of volumizing mascara on top and bottom lashes. Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara will give major impact.
- For more dimension, use a lighter eyeshadow color on inner corners and brow bone.
Smokey eyes pair perfectly with a nude lip. See Makeup Trends Guide for more tips!
Vibrant Color Pop
For those not afraid of color, try a vibrant pop of shadow. Cobalt blue, emerald green, and shimmering purples make eyes mesmerizing.
- Using a flat shader brush, pack color onto the eyelid up to the crease.
- Blend edges softly so there are no harsh lines.
- Line eyes with a black pencil liner and finish with mascara.
Opt for this eye look with a neutral or pink lip so the eyes remain the focal point.
Shimmering metallic eyeshadows are a red carpet favorite. The high-shine effect is glamorous yet wearable for a starry look.
- Look for eyeshadows with a metallic, foil-like finish. Go for gilded gold, bronze, pewter, or silver.
- Pat the shadow across lids with fingers or a dense brush. The warmth of fingers helps product adhere.
- Add definition by running a dark shadow or liner along the lashline and upper lid.
False eyelashes amp up the drama for a red carpet worthy eye look. Pick a style that lengthens and volumizes.
- Apply a thin line of lash glue adhesive along the band of the false lash. Wait 30 seconds for glue to get tacky.
- Using tweezers, carefully place lashes as close to your natural lash line as possible. Press into place.
- Blend your natural lashes and falsies together with mascara.
Red carpet looks often feature over-the-top lashes. But the effect can be achieved with mascara and individual wispies for more comfort.
Bold lips make a vibrant statement on the red carpet. Play up your pout with trending lip looks.
Classic Red Lip
A true red lip is a timeless choice. There’s no going wrong with this universally flattering shade.
- Exfoliate lips first to remove flaky skin. Use a lip scrub or brush lips with wet washcloth.
- Apply lip liner to define shape. Fill in entire lip area.
- Use a matte or satin finish red lipstick like MAC Russian Red or Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Extreme. Apply 2-3 coats for full coverage.
- Finish with a dab of gloss in the center of lips to add dimension.
Red lips pair perfectly with a simple cat eye and glowing complexion.
Vampy Wine Lip
Rich wine shades are having a major moment, bringing gothic glam to the red carpet.
- Line and fill in lips completely with a burgundy liner. Try Make Up For Ever Artist Color Pencil in Wherever Walnut.
- Apply a wine-hued lipstick like Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Braised. Press into lips with a tissue to set.
- Dab just a touch of gold or peach gloss in the center of lips so they don’t look flat.
Keep the rest of your makeup minimal with this bold lip. A flawless complexion is key.
Neutral Nude Lip
The “no makeup” makeup look is also popular on the red carpet, with minimal lips in nude tones.
- Look for lipstick shades that are close to your natural lip color. Opt for a matte or satin finish.
- Apply lipstick straight from the tube and blot with a tissue. Avoid gloss for a more natural look.
- Use lip liner just to define shape and tidy edges. Don’t overdraw lips.
Pair this lip with amped up eyes and dewy skin. See Summer Makeup Trends 2023 for more nude lip inspiration.
A luminous, flawless complexion ties every red carpet look together. Fake a perfected finish with these tips.
Start by color correcting and smoothing skin texture.
- Use a green primer like Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer on areas of redness.
- Follow with a blurring product like Tatcha The Silk Canvas filter-like primer.
Build coverage with a skin-like satin foundation. Strive for flawless yet not cakey.
- Opt for medium coverage with a radiant finish. Fenty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte foundation is a great choice.
- Stipple on foundation with a damp beauty sponge, blending down neck and décolletage.
- Conceal dark circles, blemishes, and unevenness by tapping on with a brush or sponge. Set with translucent powder.
Contour + Highlight
Sculpt and define features with strategic highlighting and contouring.
- Cream products blend most seamlessly. Use a darker shade of foundation 2-3 shades deeper than your skin to contour hollows of cheeks, temples, and jawline.
- Highlight the high points of your face with a luminous concealer or liquid highlighter. Sweep along cheekbones, bridge of nose, and brow bones.
- Set with a light dusting of matching powder products.Use a large fluffy brush to blend away harsh lines.
Luminous Setting Spray
Mist skin with a luminizing setting spray as the final step to meld makeup. Try Urban Decay All Nighter Ultra Glow for a lit-from-within radiance.
More Red Carpet Beauty Inspiration
Complete your glamorous look by taking inspiration from the latest red carpet trends:
- Get A-list hair inspo from styles like Vivienne Jolie-Pitt’s flowing beach waves or sophisticated updos.
- Shape and groom brows for polish. See Beauty Trends for perfect arch tips.
- Look to the runway for Fashion Trends 2023 to guide your red carpet dress and accessory choices.
- Prep skin to perfection by caring for it inside and out. Check out Healthy Lifestyle Wellness Trends for skincare, nutrition and self-care inspiration.
Now you have all the tips, tricks, and insider info straight from the red carpet! Use these makeup trends as inspiration for your next glamorous event. With the right tools and techniques, you can steal the spotlight and achieve celebrity-worthy beauty. Time to put your best face forward!
More Makeup and Beauty Resources
For more makeup ideas and beauty inspiration beyond the red carpet, explore these Trend Watch HQ resources:
- Asian Hair Color Trends 2023: Stay ahead of the hottest hair color trends for Asian hair textures and complexions.
- Bridal Makeup Trends: Find stunning wedding makeup looks for brides and bridal parties.
- Colour Trends for 2024: Discover what colors will be big for fashion, interior design, and more in the coming years.
- Current Trends: Get up-to-the-minute info on the latest trends across fashion, beauty, technology, and pop culture.
- DIY Home Decor Projects: Unleash your creativity with fun DIY home decor ideas you can tackle yourself.
- Latest Beauty Trends: Stay on top of emerging beauty and skincare trends with this constantly updated guide.
- Latest Fashion Trends: Shop the newest clothing, accessories, and style trends from the runway.
- Makeup Trends Guide: Master the top makeup looks, tips, and product picks.
- Retail Industry Trends 2023: Get retail biz insights on customer experience, ecommerce, innovations, and more.
- Rise of Plant-Based Diets: Learn about the growing plant-based food and nutrition movement.
- Streetwear Trends: Dive into the urban streetwear clothing scene and hottest sneaker drops.
With this roundup of red carpet and classic beauty trends, you have endless inspiration to craft showstopping looks for every occasion! Stay tuned to Trend Watch HQ as we continue covering the exciting world of beauty and style.