James Harden Blasts Daryl Morey
Philadelphia 76ers star James Harden has publicly criticized team president Daryl Morey, calling him a “liar” and saying he will never be a part of an organization that he’s a part of.
The comments came during an event in China, where Harden is currently promoting his signature shoe. In a video obtained by Shams Charania of The Athletic, Harden can be heard saying:
“Daryl Morey is a liar and I will never be a part of an organization that he’s a part of. Let me say that again: Daryl Morey is a liar and I will never be part of an organization that he’s a part of.”
Harden’s comments are a major escalation in the ongoing feud between the two men. The relationship between Harden and Morey has been strained ever since Morey tweeted in support of Hong Kong protesters in October 2019. The tweet caused a major backlash in China, where the NBA is a major business, and Harden was forced to apologize.
Morey later apologized for the tweet, but Harden has never forgiven him. In the video, Harden said that Morey “lied” to him about the tweet and that he “doesn’t respect” him.
Harden’s Trade Demand
Harden’s comments come just days after he requested a trade from the 76ers. The 32-year-old superstar is reportedly unhappy with the team’s direction and believes that they are not a championship contender.
The 76ers have so far refused to trade Harden, but it is unclear how long they can hold onto him. If Harden continues to publicly criticize the team and Morey, it could become difficult for the 76ers to find a trade partner.
What’s Next for Harden and the 76ers?
It is unclear what will happen next for Harden and the 76ers. The team could eventually trade Harden, but it is possible that they will try to keep him and convince him to change his mind.
If Harden does stay with the 76ers, it will be interesting to see how the relationship between him and Morey develops. It is possible that the two men can put their differences aside and work together to win a championship. However, it is also possible that the feud will continue to fester and damage the team.
Only time will tell what the future holds for Harden and the 76ers. But one thing is for sure: the situation is far from resolved.
Here are some additional details about the situation:
- Harden and Morey have a long history together. They worked together in Houston from 2012 to 2020, and they helped the Rockets win two Western Conference championships.
- The tweet that Morey sent in support of Hong Kong protesters caused a major backlash in China. The NBA is a major business in China, and the tweet threatened to damage the league’s relationship with the Chinese government.
- Harden was forced to apologize for the tweet, but he has never forgiven Morey. In the video, Harden said that Morey “lied” to him about the tweet and that he “doesn’t respect” him.
- Harden’s trade demand is a major blow to the 76ers. The team was hoping to build a championship contender around Harden, but now it seems like he is on his way out.
- The 76ers are in a difficult position. They don’t want to trade Harden for anything, but they also don’t want to keep him if he is unhappy.
- The future of Harden and the 76ers is uncertain. It is possible that the two sides can work things out, but it is also possible that Harden will be traded to another team.
It will be interesting to see how this situation develops in the coming weeks and months.